Followers

Saturday, September 28, 2013

A gift for the teacher

Hello Friends!!
I know it has been about a week since you have heard anything from me, but school has been crazy.  In one week, we had Picture Day and Walk-a-thon, which both required additional prep time and/or follow up time.  Now the focus is Book Fair, and I have a few projects to make for that, so I may just be sharing those with you.

Today, I am sharing a gift I made for a special teacher.

This was a gift for my son's AWESOME kindergarten teacher.  She refers to her class as the "Brainy Bunch".  I was determined to use rulers for something "different", and this is what I came up with.  I hot glued popsicle sticks to the under side to hold all eight rulers together.  I then weaved some red and white gingham ribbon through the holes (that are already drilled into the rulers although I have no idea why) and added a blue ribbon in the center hole for use of hanging the board.  Our school colors are red, white and blue (if you couldn't guess).  I used a few different cartridges for this project.  They were Doodlecharms, Locker Talk, and the font from Robotz.  I am going to enter this sign in a challenge over at Paper Playtime.  Challenge #19 this week is to use apples.  It is a good fit, I think!
 
Thanks for looking!! 

1 comment: