Followers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crayons!!!

Okay, today's card has me pretty excited!  It is another birthday card using a very cute puppy dog digi I got from the Operation Write Home blog, which is an incredibly awesome blog striving to help our military men and women stay in touch with loved ones.  You can check out the digi and the blog here and check out my card below.

I decided to use craft colored card stock as the base, which then lent itself to the colors used on the dog.  Are you wondering why I am so excited about the card?  Well, the coloring, of course!!  Here is a closer picture of my coloring -- get a better look...
I used my Crayola Crayons and blended the colors with Goo Gone and a Q-Tip.  I have been doing some searching and have found some other techniques and supplies that I need to try.  When I figure out what medium works best for blending crayons, I will let you know.  However, as of right now, I am pretty excited about the way the Crayons, Q-Tips, and Goo Gone work together.

The rest of the card was all scraps with a very short piece of paw print ribbon, which was a big pain to tie, and of course, some Stickles.  So what do we think, will my best friend's daughter like this card?

2 comments:

  1. She'll love it, it's super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are adorable! I love the crayon technique... I'm gonna have to try that! TFS! :)

    Amy at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete