Followers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Card 2.0

Today's card is my second Easter Card, and I had a blast.  If I have not mentioned before -- I love to color.  Thus, I am appreciating more and more the entire digi stamp revolution!  The image on today's card is from Bugaboo Stamps, and I will be entering it in their Catch the Bug Easter Challenge.  

Again, everything about this card is from my scrap supply.  The base is a piece of Bazzill, and that is really all I know for sure.  The circle was already cut, and I thought it would work perfectly fine just how it was.  I decided to color the stamp with my CM and Bic Permanent Markers.  I guess at some point I will have to invest in some decent markers so that not to have the lines from coloring.  I kind of went crazy with the Stickles, and I used a piece of ribbon I have probably owned longer than I have had kids.  I stamped my sentiment with a $1 stamp from Micheal's.

Okay, don't laugh, but I just realized I am probably not thinking clearly when I color my stamps.   I usually color first then try to match up my papers after, which is kind of difficult.  Maybe I should try to find a piece of patterned paper I want to use and make that my inspiration when I color.  Just sorta thinking out loud.  Makes more sense though, right?

Here are some challenges I am going to enter this card into if you want to check them out.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps this week ! What a darling card ! Love the glitter on the flowers ! Cuuuuute ! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring! The colors do look very vivid! And I like that they yellow circle looks like the sun coming up!

    We are so glad you used that ribbon! Older than your kids wins the prize, my fellow hoarding friend!

    We are so glad you joined us at Use It Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and colorful. Thanks for joining us at PCC this week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Very colorful!!! THanks for joining Bugaboo at Catch the Bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Easter card!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love the image.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    Use it Tuesday Co-Owner
    SP and Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes this fitts the bill perfectly, gorgeous card thank you playing along with Paper Cupcakes this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete