Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A little different card

Good Morning!  
I hope everyone had a blessed Easter.  We actually had family over for Easter, which is a real blessing for us since we live far away from all of our family.  After we moved to Orlando a few years back, my cousin and her then boyfriend moved as well.  He is a doctorate student at FCU.  Her family is in town visiting them.  We all decided that since we are only about 45 minutes away from each other, it was worth getting together to spend Easter.  Like I said, it was really special for us because we usually spend all holidays except Christmas and occasionally Thanksgiving on our own.  

Needless to say, I kind of forgot how stressful it can be to have people over, though.  We spent days doing a major clean, and trying to clear out a few boxes.  We don't have many left, but the ones that were still there just needed a reason to be moved.  Of course, extra space for the stuff still in the boxes would have been helpful, too.  Oh, well, overall, I think everything went off pretty well.

Now to the card...
Today's card is finished to be square, and it gate folds to the center.  Again, I am slacking because I don't know anything about the supplies I used for it.  The things I do know are I used my Bic Mark It Markers, ribbon and Stickles.  I have had the ribbon forever!  I fixed the ribbon to look like it is what is tied to hold the card closed, but it really is not.  
You can see better here.  The matted, colored image fits under the bow; thus, keeping the card closed.  I learned from a very smart crafter that I don't necessarily have to stamp my sentiment ahead of time.  So, I think I will add this card to my stash and place a sentiment on the bottom left corner when I am ready.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Paper Sundaes Challenge #66  -  Sparkle, Pearls, Die Cuts and the Colour Yellow (use two)

There's Magic in the Air with Paper Cupcakes  -  Mulit-Fold Card

Card Makin' Mamas Challenge Blog  -  Challenge #19 Spring Colors

(to me that means cheerful, happy colors) 


Thanks for stopping by!

 


6 comments:

  1. Super cute, glad you had a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how precious!! Love how you photographed it too!! Too sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at There's Magic in the Air....hope you got to visit all the tutorial links, that are too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love those folds--thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the cutest card and image. Great fold! Thanks so much for joining us at TMIA/PCC this week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable, love the fancy fold and great ribbon! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awsome card thanks playing along with Paper Cupcakes this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete