Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Get Well Card

Today's card is actually on the opposite end of the one from yesterday.  I put this one together in just about 10 minutes.  I wanted to keep the card simple since it was going to a child.  I used all scraps because I do have a ton.  (Maybe at some point I will post pictures of my craft room.)  Amelia's closest friend here in Florida had surgery Friday morning.  Poor girl actually had to have her tubes taken out because they had been in her ears for so long, and the doctors had to do a little work to ensure the holes would close up.  Amelia wanted to do something to cheer her up.  Of course, when we saw her that evening, she was back to her sweet self.  
Oh, to be young and bounce back like nothing happened.


I am fairly new to the Digistamp scene, but one of my favorite digi artist is Nikki at MelonHeadz.  You can find this cute freebie here.  You really should go have a look.  She has tons of super cute stuff!!  I know there are some really talented people with really cool techniques to shade/color the digistamps.  I am definitely not to that level.  Plus, I really enjoy coloring the good o' fashion way, so this time I used dollar store colored pencils.  Of course, I had to add some colored rhinestones because what 7 year old girl doesn't love rhinestones?  Thus, like I said, this is just a card to make a sick little girl smile.  I think the goody bag the card was in got more of a smile, though.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect card--I'm sure the little girl will love getting it! I'd love to see your crafty space--please share!!

    ReplyDelete